Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Under the Wire

Yes, I didn't get back right away with the numbers.  But I blame the holidays. A good thing to blame, I think.  It was a quiet holiday week.  I just figured after the past few weeks of stress and depression about having losing the job and having no money, I should relax, just a little.  Played computer games mostly, aside from the job search, of course.  Though the prospects out there dropped over the holidays for a bit because, yuo know, it was the holidays.  New year now.  Hoping the possibilities rise up again.  Not filling out an application or sending out my resume everyday makes me nervous.

Have a possible lead for a new job though!  Waiting for the THIRD interview.  I think that's something positive, I got through the first two.  Here's hoping, crossing fingers.  Until they say yes, though, the search must go on!

As for the feeding ourselves on food stamp numbers, that first week, we did do it.  Including the occasional breakfasts of oatmeal, some small easy meals like mac and cheese and a package of Jello, we managed to do the first week just under $44.  And some of the meals, like the chulent, easily carried on into the next.

Having said all that, the experiment has been ruined by the holidays.  We were given the gift of free fruit from Dan's mother and free meat in the form of a sizable gift card from some of our gaming friends (I hate them, I really do, because they make me want to cry. . . no not really. . . .damn them and thank you) and so we did do some indulgence buying and enjoyed it.  And I just stopped looking at the numbers since I wanted to just relax.

Now, being back on track and giving it consideration, I don't know that I want to do it anymore.  I mean, yes, by neccessity I have to live on a budget.  But pricing out every little detail of a home cooked meal?  I'd rather just tell you it was delicious.  I'm living on a budget, and occasionally I'll remark on it.  But detailing my life so precisely in concerns to money, it just makes me feel more caged and I don't like it.  And if I don't like it then I don't do it, usually.

This blog is meant to be a way to be free and relaxed while I express myself by writing.  So just going to keep doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment