Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Attempt Two

So the second attempt at ensaymada was much better.  Not perfect, but better.  Tried a few different things to correct the recipe.  First, I added a little more yeast, a half teaspoon.  I went with 100% all-purpose flour.  And I tried one other thing and that was to make bigger portions.  Bigger portions was a slight mistake, but not something that can't be easily fixed.  In fact, keeping the bigger portions for the third attempt.  Yes, we need one more.

Dough rose like a champ.


Look at those beauties.  All poofy and smooth.  In the oven they turned into these.



That's before they were buttered and sugared and cheesed, of course.  Problem was, those were the only two that stood up.  All the others fell over.  Too big for the cups they were put it.  So most of them were buns cascading down out of their cups or they just fell over.  Easy enough to fix though.  Just need to use a pan that won't allow them to slide down or maybe just don't use cups at all.

Other than that, they turned out really well.  Well enough, I had my sister taste test this batch.  Her remarks were that the flavor was there but she felt they were a touch stringy and not fluffy enough.  Not like the ones you get from certain commercial bakeries.  To which I balked.  I admit, I called her crazy.  I thought the texture was beautiful but I've taken her remarks into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment